St Michael's Church - Burwell
The brick-and-greensand church tower of St Michael’s can be seen on a hillside above the main road and the church has great views over gently rolling countryside.
The walls show clear signs of alterations over the centuries: there was once a south aisle and the near windowless north wall may have been adjacent to monastic buildings.
Prominent inside is the exquisite Norman chancel arch with carved capitals; above it, a Medieval wallpainting depicts a crowned head.
There is also a 17th-century pulpit and some interesting monuments.
020 7213 0660
VenueSt Michael's Church - Burwell
Burwell, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 8PR
Road directions: 5 miles south of Louth on A16
Nearest station : 14 miles (22.5 kms) from Thorpe Culvert station
- All Saints' Church - Great Steeping
- All Saints' Church - Haugham
- All Saints' Church - Saltfleetby
- All Saints' Church - Theddlethorpe
- Church of St John the Baptist - Yarburgh
- St Benedict's Church - Haltham-on-Bain
- St Botolph's Church at St Botolph's Church, Skidbrooke
- St George's Church - Goltho
- St Helen's Church - Little Cawthorpe
- St Martin’s Church - Waithe
- St Mary's Church at St Mary's Church, North Cockeringham
- St Peter's Church - Kingerby
- St Peters Church - South Somercotes
- The ArChWay Project