Lincoln Castle presents a full and varied events programme every year. Usually running from April to the end of August. Visitors can experience Historical Re-enactments, Birds of Prey Flying Displays, Lincoln Sausage Festival and Lincoln Christmas Market.
The Castle is currently undergoing major programme of refurbishment which will create a world class heritage visitor attraction in Lincoln. We hope that your visit will inspire you to return in 2015 to see for yourself the results of this transformation.
Rather than close the Castle for two years we have decided to keep it open so that visitors can see the work in progress. Between now and 2015 we will be:
* Refurbishing the Georgian and Victorian Prison buildings
* Restoring the Castle walls, Lucy Tower, Observatory Tower, Cobb Hall and Bath House
* Creating a complete wall walk that will enable visitors to walk all the way around the walls and enjoy spectacular views over the City
* Installing state of the art interpretation that will chart the history of the Castle and Prison through film, audio, digital interactives and panels
* Constructing an underground vault in which to display Magna Carta and the Charter of the Forest, the only place in the World where they can be seen together
* Creating a cinema in the round that will screen films about Magna Carta
* Refurbishing the front range of the Prison and creating a new shop and café
* Installing a lift to the walls that will enable disabled visitors to access the wall walk
|Season Dates||Opening Hours|
|Mon 1 Sep 2014 - Tue 31 Mar 2015||Mon - Sun 10:00 to 17:00|
Adults £2, concessions £1.60, children £1.20, family ticket £5.20.
- Baby changing facilities
- Coach parties accepted
- Picnic site
- Accepts groups
- Children welcome
- Dogs not accepted (except guidedogs)
- Facilities for hearing impaired