Following advice from VisitBritain please find an update and links to further information about the coronavirus and its effects for tourism businesses.
Tourism Information Links:
- VisitBritain: Latest Information and advice for businesses. This page is updated regularly once new information is made available.
- Lincoln City Council’s updates on coronavirus.
- Lincolnshire County Council has closed its Heritage Sites until further notice.
- The extent of the impact on the industry depends on the length of the suspension of travel and the Government’s isolation advice. You can keep up to date with the latest advice from the UK Government’s website – this page is being updated daily.
GOV.UK Information Links:
- Cleaning and decontamination: you can read the overarching information for non-clinical settings on the Government’s website. This includes hotels, offices and workplaces.
- Public Health England has launched a new COVID-19 data dashboard to track cases.
- The Department of Health and Social Care Twitter page is updated daily at 2pm.
- The Prime Minister has set up new ministerial structures to coordinate the pandemic across government. The committees include healthcare, general public sector, economic and business and international.
- Sign up for GOV.UK email alerts .
- Guidance for employers and businesses
- Read the Government’s action plan .
- The latest travel advice and guidance .
Health & Safety Advice:
- Download and print hand washing instructions for staff and guests.
- Acas gives employees and employers free, impartial advice on workplace rights, rules and best practice. Read its advice to protect the health and safety of staff during (COVID-19).
- Practical information from Mind about dealing with anxiety and offering mental health support .
- NHS guidance on symptoms.
- COVID-19 stay at home advice : guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection, including a practice graph showing different scenarios for isolation.
World Health Organisation:
- The World Health Organisation has more detailed information including videos on best practice and more posters to download to inform your workforce. There’s also a useful myth-buster section and advice on when face masks are appropriate.
- Steps to take in the workplace
- Social stigma
- Infection prevention