Taste Lincolnshire Recipe Collection - A deliciously roasted lamb with a subtle coffee kick. Impress your family this Sunday with this herby treat— we won't tell them how simple it is to make if you don't!
Total cooking time: 2hrs 15mins
- 1.5 kg leg of Lincolnshire lamb
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground Lincoln coffee
- 2 tablespoons whole coriander seeds
- 5 cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4
- Put the ground coffee and spices into a spice grinder or pestle and mortar and grind until chopped and mixed together.
- Place lamb into a roasting pan. Pat the lamb dry and rub with the coffee and spices mix.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- For rare, cook 20 minutes per 500g, 30 minutes for medium and 40 minutes for well done.
- Allow resting for 20 minutes before carving. I cover the meat with foil to keep it warm.
- Serve with roasted vegetables with a balsamic, olive oil and lemon juice glaze with couscous or roasted new potatoes.