These Lincolnshire sausage rolls are easy to make and are tasty treats to share with friends, family or work colleagues... or even better, not to share at all!
Serves 8-10 bite-size Lincolnshire Sausage rolls
- 2 Red Hill Farm Lincolnshire Sausages
- 40g Lincolnshire Poacher Cheese
- 2tbsp Branston Pickle (or your favourite pickle or chutney)
- 160g All Butter Puff Pastry
- (1/2 packet of pre-rolled pastry cut into a long rectangle)
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 180’C.
- Discard the skins from the sausages and place the meat into a mixing bowl.
- Add the pickle and grate in the Lincolnshire Poacher cheese. Mix well and put to one side.
- Lay out the pastry and place the sausage meat down one of the long sides forming a sausage shape.
- Brush the pastry with egg wash and roll up to make the sausage roll. Make sure the end of the pastry ends up sat underneath the sausage roll.
- Egg wash the top of the sausage roll and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Slice the sausage roll into 8-10 pieces and place on a lined baking tray.
- Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the meat is fully cooked and pastry is nicely coloured.
For more great recipes by Darren Rogan, visit his website .