A simple and satisfying Lincolnshire sausage stew that is easy to make and provides a hearty meal for an Autumn evening.
- 8 Red Hill Farm Lincolnshire Sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 200g Chorizo, peeled and diced
- 800g Butter Beans tinned, drained and rinsed
- 400ml Chicken Stock
- 2 tsp Lincolnshire Poacher Butter
- 200g English Goats Cheese
- 150g Baby Spinach
- Rapeseed Oil
- Sea Salt
- 4 Slices Sour Dough
- Heat a large frying pan or wok. Add a little rapeseed oil to the pan and fry the sweet potato with a pink out sea salt until coloured nicely. Add the chorizo fry until coloured and oils released.
- Deglaze the pan with the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat to medium and add butter beans, cooked sausage and warm for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the goat’s cheese and butter and cook until cheese has melted. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and chargrill the sourdough until nicely coloured and toasted.
- Add the spinach and cook for 30 – 45 seconds until spinach has wilted. Serve in a bowl in the middle of the table.
For more great recipes by Darren Rogan, visit his website .