Life’s a Beach – Cleethorpes will combine a series of nature-based and creative activities, to create a mini festival, with the majority of activity taking place outdoors between 24 and 30 October.
Life’s a Beach aims to provide opportunities for quality family time while promoting a deeper connection to the much-loved resort and supporting local businesses.
Life’s a Beach Programme
- Free access to digital content produced by Birdhouse and Lincolnshire Outdoor Learning highlighting Cleethorpes’ wildlife, accompanied by creative making tutorials by artist Kathleen Smith.
- A beach ramble led by Dr Sam Griffith of the Coastal and Intertidal Zone Archaeological Network, allowing children and families to discover Cleethorpes archaeological heritage, with a chance to spot a number of known ship-wrecks.
- The opportunity to contribute to an evolving work of public art, created by artist James Brunt www.jamesbruntartist.co.uk
- Outdoor story-telling of the Snail and the Whale among the sand-dunes, by Rhubarb Theatre.
- The chance for children aged 5+ to gain the Arts Council England-backed Discover Arts Award, through participating in Life’s a Beach activity and logging their experience.
For full details and information please visit: