If the cold weather and dark nights are bringing you down, whip up these fluffy cheesy potatoes guaranteed to bring some comfort into your evening. Add a generous dollop of locally made chutney for some added flavour.
Double-baked Fluffy Cheesy Potatoes
- 1 tsp Ownsworth’s Rapeseed Oil
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 25g butter
- 2 tbsp soured cream or crème fraiche
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 100g Cote Hill Red cheese, grated
- 2 Love Local eggs, separated
- 4 tbsp Dambusters chutney made locally by Jenny’s Jams
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/Gas 6. Lightly oil the potatoes, rub with salt, thread onto metal skewers and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 5 mins.
- Halve the potatoes and scrape out the flesh, leaving ½cm-thick shells. Mash the potato, stir in the butter, soured cream, chives, spring onions, cheese and yolks. Season well with black pepper.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the potato mixture.
- Put 1/2 tbsp chutney in each potato shell, then spoon the filling into the shells. Scatter with extra cheese, if liked, and bake for 15-20 mins or until bubbling and golden brown.