Faldingworth Walk Short
A circular walk through the Lincolnshire Limewoods area passing medieval earthworks and close to Wickenby Wood, part of the Bardney Limewoods National Nature Reserve.
Grid reference TF 067 847
- 1With your back to the Memorial Hall turn right.
- 2After approximately 250m leave the main road and follow Buslingthorpe Road straight ahead. Follow the road through Buslingthorpe and past the church and Manor. Continue along the road.
- 3Where the road bends sharp left walk straight ahead along a public footpath.
- 4At the top of the slope, and at a waymarker post, turn left into the field then bear right and walk towards the lone cottage.
- 5At the road turn right. Follow the road for approximately one mile (1.5 kilometres) to a junction.
- 6Turn right and join the directions at 9.
- 9Approximately 150m after the junction turn right onto a public footpath. Follow the path ahead beside the ditch to a hedge and bridge. Cross the bridge and bear slightly right across the next field to the corner of the woodland and fingerpost.
- 10Bear slightly left across the field heading to the gap in the hedge at the top of the field.
- 11Bear slightly left across the next field to a gap in the hedge. Continue in the same direction across the next field to the right hand corner of the sewage works compound.
- 12Cross the bridge and follow the track for approximately 50m before turning right over a small bridge. Bear left across the field to the road.
- 13Turn right and follow the roadside path into Faldingworth.
This walk uses field paths, tracks and quiet roads. There are no stiles and you are unlikely to encounter livestock.